Benefits of massage include:
- Can reduce neck and shoulder tension and pain
- Can reduce tension related lower back pain
- Can help to reduce oedema in legs by working on lymph and increase blood circulation
- Can relieve piriformis syndrome (trapping of the sciatic nerve where it passes through the buttock)
- Can decrease tension headaches
- Can promote digestion
- Can increase range of motion in joints
- Can reduce or eliminate soft tissue scar tissue and realign muscle fibres
- Can prevent tissues from sticking together so aiding movement
- Can aid postural correction
- Can help decrease illness-related fatigue
- Can promote relaxation and helps calm irritable feelings
- Can decrease depression and stress and help to promote a healthy mind.
- Can aid recovery after surgery
- Can help alleviate age-related disorders
- Can aid sleep
- Can help to correct breathing patterns
- Can aid alleviation of aches, tiredness and oedema in pregnancy
Sometimes a treatment works in one go, often more than one treatment is needed. At the first appointment we can discuss expectations and options.
Massage is a good first port of call for general health.
Try it for the experience.